Sunday, March 01, 2009

One of the coolest product loyalty promotions ever

I am now a lifetime leaseholder of a plot of land near the Laphroaig distillery:

Laphroaig lifetime lease

As a "friend of Laphroaig" and lifetime leaseholder, I am entitled to payment of an annual ground rent of one dram of Laphroaig, payable in person at the distillery. I've had long-term plans to visit Scotland as it is part of my family's heritage, and this is one more incentive and a great reason to include Laphroaig in my planned distillery tour.

All I did to become entitled to this great benefit and handsome certificate is register on Laphroaig's web site using the code I received along with a bottle of Scotch I recently bought. It did not cost me a single cent to have Laphroaig send me, via airmail from Great Britain (really, Scotland!) the above personalized certificate.

I'm looking forward to my trip.

No comments: