Thursday, August 25, 2005

PAX 2005 trip

I'm leaving today for Seattle to attend the 2005 Penny Arcade Expo. It runs Friday, 8/26 thru Sunday, 8/28. I'm going with my buddy Shawn and meeting my friends Tom and Misha up there.

The event is similar to E3, but is oriented to actual, real game players as opposed to selling and advertising to other companies and impressing the media. Along with seminars with industry pros and exhibitor booths there will be a number of gaming tournaments, from card-based strategy games to consoles to PCs. Shawn and I will be participating in the Xbox Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory tournament on Sunday.

I will be documenting our trip right here as my first blog project, hopefully updating at the end of each of the three days. I'll also post an article documenting the trip on a great gaming community site I am a member of, GameDays.

No comments: